TMJ/ TMD Journal

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Have I been slacking or what???

Well holy moly! I hadn't realized I'd been neglecting my TMJ journal for so long...My apologies dear diary!
Anyways just wanted to let you know that yes I did get better after more chiro visits...I got so much better that I was able to shovel snow - and boy did I shovel that snow and totally enjoyed it!!! Hadn't done it for years without getting dizzy. Unfortunately and you knew there was going to be an unfortunately right??? Unfortunately I did something wrong...maybe too much too soon as I also started driving for longer periods of time and cross country skiing - oh God! Did I love my cross country skiing trips into the woods behind my new place...but it seems over the past three or so weeks things have slowly started going downhill again.

I am still going to the chiropractor three times a week - talk about putting me in the poorhouse - but like I said he has been helping me. I haven't had any dizziness (crossing my fingers) for more than a month...I do get occassional split seconds of feeling weird, my balance goes funny sometimes but seems to correct itself after some rest.

Another thing I've been trying to do is to leave out my splint for longer and longer periods of time as my chiro suggested. Unfortunately it bothers me after I have it out longer than ten minutes. I cannot eat without it as the back of my teeth do not meet if I have no splint - never had that problem before getting the splint.

Awwwwwww well on the whole there is a pretty good improvement from the chiro visits. I haven't had any massages. Haven't felt the need for them, which is a good thing, yes? Next time in town though I have to go back and get one - a maintenance massage is a good thing to have once a month. Keeps the blood flowing to one's muscles.

One thing I have noticed too lately. As my setback slowly returns my anxiety and panic attacks become more frequent. I of course know why I have them now...which really is a big help when I have one because I can just breathe through it and off it goes. LOL. It's all coming from the neck or jaw...we still are not sure exactly where the dizziness stems from but I am scheduled for another Xray I think sometime in March so he will hopefully see what's changed and what hasn't.

A few days ago I had an assessment which showed my right side is now in the red zone...instead of the left side which was affected the first two assessments. The chiro guy says at least something is happening which is a good sign. Let's hope so, eh?

I'll try to post more often...but in my new place there are so many things to do that I don't have much free time anymore.

Alas I am off!!

later,

j

Posted by Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author :: 1:17 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------